Adventist Community Services
Adventist Community Services’ Mission is “to serve the poor and hurting in Christ’s name.”
The purpose of ACS is to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus Christ while meeting the needs of the community and thereby position the Church to share the gospel.
Adventist Community Services is the humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that works within the United States and Bermuda. It works through nearly 852 localities in more than 200 cities in North America which are managed by the national headquarters located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Information on protecting yourself and others from influenza (the flu):
- Public Health Fact Sheet – Swine Flu
- Faith-based & Community Organizations pandemic Influenze preparedness Checklist
- Pandemic Flu Planning – Checklist for Individuals and Families
- Be Read Cross Ready – Flu Checklist
- An Influenze Pandemic Planning Guide for Homeless and Housing Service Providers